Sunday, February 28, 2016

Tasting Rex-Goliath Pink Moscato

Pink Moscato
Name: Rex-Goliath
Variety: Pink Moscato
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: Not listed on the bottle, but research indicates 2014 or 2015
Price: $5.65

Wine Review: "Copper amber. Aromas of apricot, musk melon, baked apples and doughnuts. Sweet and luscious with white raspberry flavors. Has just enough acidity to keep the fruit in check. Pleasant balanced finish." (Tastings.com)

My Review:  This wine smelled like straight alcohol and I am not really sure where they got all of those sweet smells from in the above review.  It smelled really bad to me and did not make me excited to taste.  I thought it was very acidic and the alcoholic taste coated my mouth.  It was not very sweet at all and overall I was not a fan.  I would score this wine a 3, meaning I may recommend to a friend who enjoyed this sort of wine, but I would not buy this again for me.

Food:  Shortly before tasting this wine I ate a Fruit by the Foot, but I did not eat it with the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment