Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tasting Espuela del Gaucho Torrontes

Espuela del Gaucho Torrontes
Name: Gaucho Spur/ Espuela del Gaucho
Variety: Torrontes (White Blend)
Region: Andes
Country: Argentina
Year: 2014
Price: $7.99

Wine Review: "Golden silver color. Aromas of tropical custard tart, peaches, and guava with a crisp, fruity-yet-dry light-to-medium body and a tangy pineapple, lime curd, and earth accented finish." (Tastings.com)

My review: This wine smelled very plain, but then I swirled the glass as hard as I could like I’ve seen the professionals do.  It was very obvious that the smell changed after doing that, and the smell sort of went sour in a way I can’t describe.  The wine was slightly on the heavy side; it coated the tongue.   The heat of the alcohol came through very strongly at 12.5%.  I would rate this wine at a 2, it was not really for me, but I am sure someone out there would take it on recommendation.

Food: I had this wine with plain potato chips and onion dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment