Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tasting One Planet Box Chardonnay

One Planet Chardonnay
Name: One Planet
Variety: Chardonnay
Region/Country: Australia (Southern)
Year: 2012
Price: $6.99

Wine Review: I was unable to find anything online except for One Planet's description of this wine, "Vibrant, lime, stone fruit, rich."

My review:  I think what they failed to mention on their site is the unfortunate aftertaste and the aroma and color of urine.  This wine was a deep gold, so more of a dehydrated urine, if we're being specific.  The smell was similar to when you know your pet has peed in the house as soon as you walk in the door, but it clearly wasn't in that room, so you have to go on a hunt for it-- that kind of smell.  And much like how wines stored in oak barrels will pick up some of that oaky taste, this wine picked up some of the taste of its container as well.  The aftertaste was mostly a strange, indescribable, box-like taste.  It was, I presume, like licking cardboard that has been saturated with the pee of someone who has been drinking just this wine for the last week and a half (no I do not know from experience, my apologies.)  There wasn't really any heat with this wine, but there also was not any outright sweetness or fruity flavors.  Overall, I would score this wine a 1-2.  I wouldn't recommend it or buy it, but if it was the wine at a party and I was getting it for free, I would probably still drink it.

Food:  I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment