Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Tasting Butterfly Kiss Pink Pinot Grigio

Pink Pinot Grigio
Name: Butterfly Kiss
Variety: Pink Pinot Grigio
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $10.99

Wine Review: I searched online for close to half an hour and was unable to find a serious review for this wine.  I found lots of stay at home moms and references to the movie 'The Other Woman,' in which they drink this particular wine.

My review: This was actually my favorite wine I’ve tasted thus far in the class.  I had not yet had a wine that I went back for and poured a second glass, but as I’m typing right now, I’m sipping on this wine because I can.  Based on my personal scale, I give this wine a 4, meaning I would definitely purchase it again.   At 13% alcohol by volume, one aspect I’m not a huge fan of with this wine is the heat.  The smell of the wine is overpoweringly alcoholic as well; I don’t get very many other flavors coming through on this front.  I like the sweet flavor and the smoothness that you get, despite the high alcohol.  I get more of the cherry flavor than anything else with this wine.

Food: I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment