Thursday, February 18, 2016

Tasting Bay Bridge White Zinfandel

Bay Bridge White Zin
Name: Bay Bridge
Variety: White Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: Does not say on the bottle? But research indicates 2014?  Perhaps?
Price: $2.99

Wine Review: On a site called "Vivino," a Robert Morabito writes, "Good if your looking for an. Inexpensive wine. That's all", so if that doesn't explain the quality we are dealing with here, I don't know what will besides that price tag.  The only review I could find was in multiple articles stating that a few California wines in May of 2015 were found to have very high arsenic levels.  This wine brand was on the list.  If I stop blogging, you'll know it's because of the arsenic poisoning.

My Review:  This wine... surprised me.  I bought it because I assumed it would be a cheap tasting for the week; something I could blast though because of how undoubtedly awful it would be.  Surprisingly, this was not the case.  I know, cheap taste has its pros and cons.  Pro, I can get drunk for cheap.  Especially because I am a bit of a lightweight.  Con, risk being told I have no taste and I'm ridiculous for ?enjoying? this wine.  I think what I liked about it was the sweetness and mildness of it.  It was easy to swallow and there was nothing bitter about it, just fruit flavors.  There was no strange aftertaste or difficulty with this wine.  It was smooth, sweet, cheap, and fruity; how can you deny the NPH of the wine world?  But really, in all seriousness, I would rate this wine a 4 on my scale-- I would buy this again.  The price is just a bit of a shocker for how much I liked this wine.

Food:  I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment