Saturday, March 5, 2016

Tasting Blue Vinho Verde

Blue Vinho Verde
Name: Blue
Variety:Vinho Verde
Region: Vinho Verde
Country: Portugal
Year: 2013
Price: $10

Wine Review:  Blue Ocean 2012 is fresh and fruity, a must for warm days. It is bottled along the year in order to keep its freshness. 
Pale with citrine glints. Tropical fruit aromas. Fresh, fruity, light and citrusy with a slight frizzante. Good balance and nice acidity.
Can be served as an aperitif, but it really pairs well with some grilled fish. Just give it a try. (Sensiwine)

My Review:  The smell at first was very alcoholic and, after that initial burst, it had some fruity undertones.  This wine was very sweet and straightforward.  There was very low acidity and it was a pleasant plain wine.  I would rate this wine a 3, meaning I would drink it again if it was offered to me, but likely wouldn’t buy it for myself.

Food: I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment