Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tasting Gallo Family Cabernet Sauvignon

Gallo Cabernet Sauvignon
Name: Gallo
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: Not listed
Price: $1.50

Wine Review: "With this new line, Gallo once agin strives to redefine itself, with positive results. Bearing Gina Gallo's signature, it's a fine Cabernet, soft, dry and complex, with flavors of blackberry, black currand and cedar. The structure is all about Napa Valley, showing ripe, smooth tannins and a good bite of acidity. Rally a superior Cab, one to drink now and over the next 6 years." (Wine Enthusiast)

My review: I stepped out of my comfort zone here, because I still cannot seem to wrap my head around reds, but the price was low enough that I felt it was okay to give it a shot.  It actually smelled quite good; there was an overpowering cherry smell with other general fruit smell going on as well.  The worst part about this wine was the way it coated the inside of the mouth unpleasantly.  It had no strong flavors, just this uncomfortable coating aspect on the palate. 

Food: I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment