Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tasting Broadbent Vinho Verde

Broadbent Vinho Verde
Name: Broadbent
Variety: Vinho Verde
Region: Decreto-Lei 94
Country: Portugal
Year: 2012
Price: $8.69

Wine Review: "This white shows floral fruit, lime, and green freshness on the nose and palate. Overall, it's lightly fizzy and possessed of zippy acidity; you'll want to have a plate of shellfish on hand when you open this wine." (astorwines.com)

My Review: This wine was very light in color, more so than I was expecting.  The smell was minimal and, upon tasting, the same was true of the flavor.  It reminded me of Perrier with it's slight carbonation aspect and lack of any real flavor.  I would rate this a 2-3, giving it the possibility to be recommended to a friend or be revisited at a party where it could be served.

Food: I had this wine with parmesan cheese and garlic cheddar cheese and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment