Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tasting Gallo Family Moscato

Gallo Moscato
Name: Gallo 
Variety: Moscato
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: Not listed
Price: $1.50

Wine Review: "Before trying the Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato, I chilled it. White wines are so refreshing when chilled. Then I uncorked it with dinner over the weekend, having a glass with a pasta I’d made. To be perfectly honest, the sweet Moscata didn’t work well with that meal, which seemed to emphasize the sweet too much. For me, this isn’t a wine to have with dinner. However, according to the information I was given, Gallo says that this can work with spicy meals. All of this is not to say I didn’t enjoy it. I did. Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato is a nice wine. I’ve since had it a few more times, and really appreciate the soft crispness and sweet undertones. This will be a great wine for this summer to have after dinner or with small plates before dinner. It’s particularly good served with cheese and crackers and the like." (sarahscucinabella.com)

My review: This wine started out lame; the smell was a let down.  It kind of smelled like fake fruit and old, cheap alcohol rolled into one.  I'd say it isn't the worst thing I've ever had to drink by far, but I don't know that I would seek it out again and spend money on it.  It wasn't overly sweet or strong, the wine was mainly plain and easily drinkable.

Food: I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment